Silicone rings are increasingly associated with recreation, especially weightlifting and rock climbing. However, when they first came onto the market, silicone rings were targeted at people who use their hands at work. Although most people likely think about tradespeople, factory workers and similar professions first, firefighters also use their hands every day. They need silicone rings perhaps more than anyone.
Reasons To Wear a Silicone Ring
Silicone rings offer a lot of benefits that can be helpful to firefighter both while handling fires and performing other responsibilities. These are some of the reasons you may want a silicone ring in your line of work:
- Safe: The major benefit of a silicone ring is that it won’t damage your finger if it gets caught on something. Ring avulsion is a serious risk for anyone who works with their hands. Some tops brands are even designed to break before they cause any harm to the finger.
- Comfortable: Silicone rings are very soft and comfortable. The best brands design ventilation into their rings to help keep wearers’ fingers cool and comfy. Additionally, some manufacturers, such as Enso Rings, make very lightweight rings for added comfort.
- Affordable: Compared to traditional metal rings, silicone rings are very affordable. This is great when you first buy your ring. However, the real value comes into play later on. If your ring ever gets damaged while you work, it is no big deal. You can replace it easily. Furthermore, plenty of ring manufacturers offer lifetime warranties.
- Robust: Of course, you shouldn’t need to worry about your ring getting damaged. Silicone is very strong but also malleable. That means that it won’t get scratched, bent or dented as you are working. It is also very temperature and weather resistant. In short, these rings aren’t going to take a beating in your line of work.
- Stylish: Style is subjective, so it is hard to say that anyone will love a particular design. Fortunately, with silicone rings, there are plenty of looks to choose from. The material is so easy to work with that designers have come up with some very creative looks. From infinity designs to a stackable thin red line look, you will find something you love.
Rings That Show Support
The above practical benefits give firefighters a lot to love about silicone right. What about showing support and solidarity, however? Many firefighters, their loved ones and community members want something that reflects their respect for the profession. There are several silicone ring options designed to celebrate firefighters.
As mentioned above, some people may like the stackable thin red line look. Other people may want another design such as a thin red line flag. Many of these rings help support various causes that support firefighters in our communities.
The opportunity to buy a ring that is more than just a reflection of personal style or commitment is a great part of silicone rings. While some traditional jewelers may have occasional rings for good causes, many of the major silicone ring brands have options running almost constantly. It is a great feeling when you know that your purchase is doing more than just looking great on your finger.